Happy 2015 my fellow plant eaters. Finally after nearly 2 years I can say we have a nearly functional website for the local vegan scene in Sarasota and Manatee counties. And by functional, I mean the opportunity for you to participate in making it a better site is finally here. I am only one of a 1,000 vegan voices in this area, and I hope to engage as many of you as possible. So please register today on this site and also at meetup.com/VegSarasota Of particular excitement:
- Plant-Strong, Vegan Restaurant Guide: We have over 30 listings now, and I expect to hit 50 soon, of places to get easy, peasy vegan food with no hassle. Many of these are places I have not visited, so I hope the community will provide the reviews.
- Guide to our local veg-scene – This is still very much in progress, but if you feel you or your organization should be here, then please, please register now so I can give you control of your listing. Contact me after you register so I can set you up.
- Easy Facebook Registration: So that you can review and list your favorite vegan friendly restaurants, books and movies.
- Newsletter: You can register again (after a 2 year hiatus) for our html newsletter designed to encourage you on your own dietary journey. This will be independent of meet up and hopefully will highlight articles posted here on the site as well.
- Community Calendar: You can see a summary of upcoming events from the local meet up groups. I’m biased toward VegSarasota of course, but there are several other, related groups that I have tried to include in the calendar.
- Community Content: We have many plant friendly writers and bloggers in the area, and hopefully you will see some of their best content on this site.
- Completely Free and un-biased content: There are no paid listings, advertisements or sponsored content. Sure we will have articles from hard-working people who are trying to earn a living supporting the vegan economy locally, but those articles will be free to read and subject to editorial review.